A Genealogy of Lewis Green& Associated Families
Questions that must be resolved.
In the furtherance of Green research, there are several items that are currently thought to be “fact” yet they are not. The items that this body of research will correct are as follows:
- The first is that Lewis Green, b. 1724 is not a descendant of Lewis Green of Prince George County, VA. This Lewis Green enlisted in the French & Indian War in Dinwiddie Co., VA. He was a carpenter by trade. He received a land grant for his service in the French & Indian War. The land patent was in present day Hardy Co., West VA.
- Secondly, to settle for once and all the date of birth of Lewis Green IV. He was born in 1710 not 1724 as previously published in the Stallard Connection. He was a vestryman and married to Sarah. Lewis & Sarah Green (IV) had three children: Lewis who went to Southwest VA; Burrell; and Sarah who m. Miles Thweatt . [Emily Mills Staubauch] Ardath Jo Green inquired to Nancy Clark Baker, one on the compilers of the Stallard Connection, as to the source of the birth date of 1724 for Lewis Green III. It was stated that information was received from various sources and just tossed into a box without indication as to where the information was obtained.
- Establish that parentage of the James Green who married Jane Porter. He is actually the son of the Orange County, VA Green’s. He received an inheritance from his family. He had a sister named Nancy .
- Littlebury Green of Sumner Co., SC – he is found associated with Zachary Green. I theorize that he is either at the brother, son, or grandson of Zachary Green. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~poythress/Epes.html
- There has been a theory espoused that Lewis Green (b. 1710) was married to Elizabeth S. Lauderdale, there has been no documentary evidence presented to substantiate this claim. However, there seems to be evidence that she was married to the Lewis Green(b. 1724) of Dinwiddie County, VA, although this theory has not been proven at this time.
[Green Historical Tour] | Green Families: [Lewis Green] [Burwell Green] [William Green Sr.] [Peter Green] [Lewis Green III] [Other Green Families] [Miscellaneous Greens] | Associated Families: [Batte] [Belfield] [ Bolling] [Burnham] [Burrell] [Burwell] [Buwell] [Clay] [Eldridge] [Epes] [Gilliam] [Gower] [Grigg] [Harrison] [Hill] [Mangum] [Parham] [Peterson] [Porter] [Powell] [Poythress] [Randall] [Richardson] [Short] [Stokes] [Thweatt] [Tillman] [Tucker] [Tyrus] [Winfield] [Wynne]